Saturday, April 3, 2010

Gotta tell them that we love them while we got the chance to say

Live like we're dying-Kris Allen

Alright, so it's approximately 11:24 pm and I'm taking a break from studying for the ACT, so I decided to post something else. I definitely do my best thinking when most people are asleep, so if this post gets too philosophical, blame the late night.

The title of this post is actually one of my favorite lyrics from my absolute favorite song. But when I was listening to this song and actually listening to my lyrics, I realized that I didn't agree with one of them. In the very beginning of the song, Kris Allen sings, "How come we don't say I love you enough?" But that's absolutely wrong. In fact, I think we say I love you too much.

I'll draw upon my own experiences as a high schooler for this one. Many times throughout the school day, I'll hear someone say, "Love ya!" or "You're amazing, I love you, " or even, "I hate you. JK, I love you." Before I begin my rant on how "I hate you" is also over-used, I would like to say this: "I love you," when said truly and honestly, is one of deepest things that one can ever say. To be in love is one of the greatest things in life, and I love you is a part of that. To hear people throw around this phrase is something that's a little bit sad. People have forgotten what it's like to actually be in love, so they throw the phrase around, testing people, seeing other people's reactions, hoping that one day, someone will say it in the full sense of the phrase. to them. and only to them.

I can't say that I'm not guilty of saying "I love you" too lightly, in fact, I'm probably guilty of doing everything that I've said in the last paragraph. But what I can say for sure is that I'm going to go listen to "Live like we're dying" by Kris Allen.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe some people really love each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fine, I understand that. But there are loads of times where people are like "Oh I love you!" when they don't really mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, so long it puts a smile on someone's face, whatz the harm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mama :) The harm is that it degrades the meaning of the phrase.

    ReplyDelete