Saturday, April 3, 2010

WAMUNC experiences

WAMUNC- Washington Area MUN conference

March 25th-28th, 2010

Alright, so first of, let me start by saying that WAMUNC was amazing. It was definitely one of the more fun conferences that our school goes to, and the people that I met were some of the most intelligent but fun people that I met. To me, WAMUNC was more than an MUN conference, for the 4 days that we were there, I learned something about life. It's clichéd, isn't it? That I went somewhere for one purpose (academic) and came out achieving another.

Somewhere in between committee sessions, our excursion to the Taiwanese Embassy, and just chilling with my own club, I realized this: we (high schoolers) tend to think that high school=universe. Instead of thinking that high school is a microcosm of what occurs in the "real world", we believe that high school is everything-that everything and everyone that's important and that exists goes to the high school that we go to. Which is wrong. Completely, utterly, truly wrong. The friends that I made at WAMUNC don't go to my school. In fact, they're not even in my state. If you had told me a month ago that I would make friends at WAMUNC, and maybe even become good friends with some of them, I would have called you a liar. But it's true. My WAMUNC buddies have truly become an integral part of my life. When I login to my Gmail or Facebook, it's their emails, their notifications, and their messages that I tend to. You may say that I'm going through a "withdrawal" from WAMUNC (it's been known to happen). You could be right. I can't tell you right now. But what I can tell you is that I'm going to check my Gmail right now to see if they commented on my wall post.

No comments:

Post a Comment